Select Page

Today was the first of our weekly appointments and I wanted to give everyone an update.  I’m going to try to start blogging more in the hopes that it will become a habit again and I’ll be able to do it once she’s born…we’ll see.

In any case, my appointment was actually set for tomorrow at 9am, but I got a call early this morning that Dr. Gagnon would be in surgery tomorrow morning and needed to reschedule.  The day was already a total cluster by the time I got this call so I figured, might as well knock it out this afternoon.  They were able to see me at 2PM and I got there around 1:30.  They took me right back, which I did not expect to happen at all.

Kay, the nurse who always takes my vitals was really sweet.  She took my vitals (duh) and then took me to an exam room.  Dr. Gagnon came in promptly and listened to Jayne’s heartbeat.  The monitor couldn’t give him an estimate because she had hiccups and it kept registering the hiccups as heartbeats.  He had to do it manually, but it was so sweet to hear her hiccupping.  Apparently, she hiccups quite a bit because I’ve definitely felt that before, I just didn’t know what it was.  She’s doing great.  Her heartbeat is 132 and she’s head down in there.

Unfortunately, she’s still really high up and my cervix is closed.  I’m not going to pretend like I know exactly what this means other than “I’m not going into labor any time soon.”  Dr. Gagnon said I have a couple of weeks to go.  A couple means 2, right?!?  I’m holding him to it.

On my way out I ran into an old friend, Jaclyn Thompson, in the waiting room.  She has a 1 year old daughter, whom Dr. Gagnon delivered.  “Gagsy” also delivered Jaclyn…small world.  Anyway, we caught up for about 5 minutes and I headed out.

My next appointment is next Tuesday, January 14 at 8:45.

On another note, the puppy party yesterday was mostly a disaster.  Archie way overdid it and could hardly walk last night.  Mack was just terrified the whole time.  She’s been glued to Archie’s side today, helping him recover.  The poor baby boy serious could not get his back legs working last night.  We all ended up sleeping on the couch so we could be with him and help him out this morning.  It was a nice little slumber party…for those who slumbered; Wade, Archie & Mack.  For me, it was another night of insomnia hell.

I’m really going to try to be a less miserable human, but I’m scared and tired and frustrated and anxious…oh, and terribly stressed out too.


%d bloggers like this: