Select Page

From now on, I’m really going to try to do weekly recaps.  Although I’m having a blast with POD, I’ve missed writing a bit…

Nellie came in town last week for Opening Day and we had a blast.  After all was said and done, I ended up going to 5 of the Rangers’ first 7 games.  The park looks amazing, the crowds are so excited and the team looks pretty good too!  Wade got his ALCS ring and it is awesome!  I’m so proud of him.

I got into an accident on Monday afternoon.  I had just run an errand for Wade and was headed to the Ballpark with Neal.  We were stopped at a light, about to turn left onto Ballpark Way when a hispanic woman ran into us.  We ended up being pushed into the truck in front of us, so it was a car-sandwich and we were the “meat.”  It was such a crappy thing.  She didn’t hit us too hard, but it certainly shook me up.  After a quick check to see if everyone was okay and insurance information was exchanged, we were back on our way to the ballpark.  We drowned our sorrows in the 2 ft., 2 lb. hot dog that I posted on here and it was pretty good.  The game was great and the night ended well.

My regional meetings started on Tuesday and my company went to the game Tuesday night.  I was beat from entertaining all weekend and I left during the 4th inning.  I actually puked in the parking lot, but I think it was a bad dinner I had.  Anyway, I got home and went right to bed.  Wade wasn’t feeling well that night either.  Wednesday was a long day of meetings that totally sucked.  Wade had to work late too.  When he got home, we watched the game and again, went to bed super early.  Last night, we just sat on the patio and talked.  It was our first night in a long time with nothing going on.  It was great!

Some friends from work also had a baby yesterday.  This morning, I got an email from Wade just asking for prayers because, apparently, there were some complications.  He called me at lunch today to tell me the baby had passed away.  I simply cannot imagine…

I can’t even begin to think about it without falling apart.  She was 3 days past her due date; it’s not like the baby was premature and even then, they can do so much.  You go into labor thinking you’re going home with a baby to the nursery that you decorated and then, to have to think about funeral arrangements for a child you waited to meet for 9 full months… I just don’t have words.

Our prayers are with their family.  What else can we do?

Wade said his whole office is just a sad place right now (both parents worked in ticket and suite sales).  We don’t have plans for the weekend and I’m thinking that this doesn’t make me feel like making any either.

I’m so sorry to have such a terribly sad blog for my weekly update this week, but out of the dark, comes light.


%d bloggers like this: