Select Page

Wow!  Last weekend was great.  Niese bailed on us Friday night.  Since Wade and I were all dressed up and had dinner reservations, we decided to go to Nick & Sam’s anyway.  It was delicious.  We hadn’t gone out for a nice dinner in a long time and it was much needed.  I must say that I definitely prefer my nice dinners in Fort Worth.  Dallas just isn’t my kinda place….more on that later.

On Saturday, we headed out to the Ballpark early to watch the game.  We had such a great time with all of our friends.  We stayed for the whole game.  I don’t remember the last time I did that!  After the game we came home and got dressed for round 2 of Nick & Sam’s with Niese.  This time he made it.  We actually picked him up at the Ritz and went to dinner.  It was good…again.  The owner sent us a bottle of wine and a $200 appetizer with lump crab, oysters, shrimp and clams.  It was amazing.

After dinner, we met up with some of Wade’s friends from work.  At first, I thought it was spontaneous, but in retrospect, it clearly was not.  Anyway, I pretended like I enjoyed standing in a bar full of frat boys paying for my own over-priced drinks while everyone hung out.  I was not feeling it.  After someone made the decision that we were done at the first bar, the Loon, we headed to the next one, Lemon Bar.

Side Note:  The Loon used to be a cool little hole in the wall that served really good drinks and had a laid back crowd.  Now, it’s disgusting – packed with sweaty bodies, 30-thousand-dollar-millionaires and a bunch of people that are so into themselves, they are really too busy to even notice anyone else.  It’s a shame…RIP “the Loon”

Okay, so back to Lemon Bar.  It was basically the Loon divided by 2.  I must give it props for diversity though.  I was thankful to see only some college-aged, upper-middle class frat boys acting like they were at a wet t-shirt contest.  Did I mention I hate Dallas?

Really.  I’m not a fan.  It was awesome when I wanted to show everyone how awesome I was.  I actually remember thinking, “this is THE life.”  My life got a lot better when I stopped giving a sh** about what people thought about me and I guess going back into that hole just made me uncomfortable and sad on so many levels.  A lot of those people don’t ever realize that $10 drinks, dock shoes, flipped collars, designer clutches and beer pong aren’t gnarly.  Those are the people that stay in Dallas.  Those of us that figure it out…we got to Fort Worth!

Anyway, it was a good weekend besides all of the d-bags (excuse my language please…there really is no other term).  Wade was pretty much out of commission on Sunday, but we were able to celebrate his b-day at my Mom’s house with cake and pizza.  It was fun.

Then came Monday….it was a day.  That night, I started feeling really sick.  My stomach hurt.  Not like nausea.  It HURT.  I also puked every hour that night and didn’t sleep one bit.  Obviously, I decided that I wasn’t going to work on Tuesday so I could get some sleep.  I was still in so much pain that I couldn’t sleep.  By 5PM I decided (with the help of my favorite nurse) to go to the ER.  Wade took me and shortly after we arrived, my mom and aunt Katie showed up.  I was happy to see them.  I had a CT scan so they could tell me I didn’t have appendicitis and at that time my dad and Marilyn showed up.  I’m sure I had the best ER fan club that hospital has EVER seen.  They sent me home with pain meds and instructions to follow up with a surgeon.  So, I’ve been eating hydrocodeine and sleeping since then.  Not really, but I did on Wednesday.  I’m back to normal today and my dr. appt. is July 11.  I see a colonoscopy in my future.  Awesome….gnarly (that one’s for Big D).

Okay…I have 6 more weeks of school.  It was nice to see what a weekend feels like.  Hopefully, that’s enough to fuel me through the next grueling half of my semester.

Here’s 1 codeine for NAPA, 1 codeine for graduation, and 1 for good health!  Sweet Dreams!!!


%d bloggers like this: