Select Page

Well, I’m in San Francisco.  There was actually an earthquake this morning.  I didn’t even feel it.  Bummer!  I arrived at the airport at 6AM yesterday.  Courtney met me there with sweet baby Henry and we were able to catch the 8AM flight.  Henry did great on the flight and Courtney did as well.  We had some champagne and great conversation.

We landed about 9:30AM in San Francisco, got our bags and took a cab to Steph’s apartment, which is literally 2 blocks from Union Square.  The weather is absolutely amazing!!!  Steph gave us the tour of her 600 sq ft apartment…

“There’s the bed, there’s the kitchen, there’s the bathroom.”

It is so perfect!  What a life?!?

I am actually becoming quite familiar with SF, so when Steph walked back to work (how cool is that?), I had a game plan.  We headed into Union Square and had some lunch at a little cafe.  We also continued our champagne tasting.  After a little bit of shopping, we decided to take Henry to Haight Ashbury for his first contact high.  We took the bus.  To quote Julia Roberts from Pretty Woman, “Big mistake.  HUGE.”

The bus quickly became overcrowded and not with people who were heading to the financial district.  We didn’t consider that the people taking the bus to the Haight neighborhood might actually be the people who live there.  That bus was full of shady folks…quite an experience, but we made it!

While Henry didn’t actually get high, he definitely saw plenty of people who were.  One of them was a woman who was yelling at the top of her lungs.  She was angry because the government evicted her 18 years ago and they have been shooting her with x-rays ever since.  The poor thing.  I can’t imagine what that must be like…CRAZY!  We did a bit of people watching and had lunch #2 at a little bar.  It was pretty good, but we were eager to get back to civilization.

After a ton of walking, my foot really hurt.  We took a cab back to Steph’s apartment and rested until she got home from work.  Once she came home, we ordered pizza talked and continued to continue our champagne tour of San Francisco.  It was a good night and we were all exhausted.

Courtney and Henry slept on the bed.  Steph and I made a pallet on the floor.  It was so funny.  Every time Henry would make a noise, all three of us would pop up, ready to spring into action at a moment’s notice.  This morning, Courtney, Henry and I woke up around 5 (we’re still no Texas time).  We laid around and let Steph sleep until about 8, when she had to get up to go to work.  She got dressed and then she and I headed out to grab coffee.  We walked three 3 blocks down a huge hill (why didn’t I wear my boot?) to the nearest Starbucks.  We went in and the line was too long so we walked one more block down the hill to another Starbucks.  That line was too long also, but don’t worry.  We just walked 1 more block down the hill to the next Starbucks, where we waited in line and ordered our drinks.  There was no way I was going to walk back up the hill, so I took a cab and Steph went on her way to work.

We’re going to the marina for dinner tonight and Courtney have some tricks up our sleeve for today.  Let’s see what we get into…

I miss home and can’t wait to get back on Friday.

Until then — blessings!

%d bloggers like this: