Select Page
The ride from South Bend to Chicago was miserable.
Even the skyline was dreary.

I really missed home on this trip.  I won’t lie.  I had visions of a glorious homecoming. Me, arriving home after being up since 4:30AM CST and spending 5 hours at Chicago O’Hare to Wade standing in an open doorway with open arms and Archie & Mack sitting calmly on either side of him.  This is not what happened.

My mom picked me up from the airport and took me home.  We walked in and the dogs went nuts.  Wade was violently ill and my mom had been over earlier in the day to help him out.  She asked me to go check on him before she left.  He was laying on the couch and could hardly get a word out.  He wasn’t well, but he was okay so I told her and she left.

I spent the afternoon/evening watching mindless TV, working, cleaning and helping out poor Wade.  I was soooooooo looking forward to bed and very proud that by 7PM, I had yet to take a nap.  Then around 9, we decided Wade probably needed to go to the ER.  Great.  We were there until midnight.  They gave him fluids and stuff for nausea and pain.  By the time we got home I had been going on 20 hours of no sleep.  I was out like a light.

I had to cancel my golf lesson, which I was really bummed about, but like I said before, I REALLY NEED A FREAKING BREAK.  I didn’t sleep well.  I was checking on Wade all night.  I have a ton to do today and thankfully, my iced black coffee has helped me to accomplish much more than I thought possible.  Well, black coffee and God.  I’ve been praying/begging quite a bit lately.  Somehow, I keep making it through every day with just enough energy to get me into my bed and close my eyes.

After today, I should be able to get into a bit of a routine for at least 2 weeks.  YAY!  (sarcasm).  The week I go to Salt Lake, my brother will be in town and Wade will be in Miami.  I’m super sad about that.  Well, I’ve got a lot more to mark off my list today…

Catch ya next time!


%d bloggers like this: