Select Page

I find it on very rare occasions that my needs and wants overlap.  This is one of those times.  I want a pedicure, manicure and massage and guess what?!?!  I also NEED a pedicure, a manicure and a massage.  Unfortunately there is no time for this in the near future.

Let me give you a little recap of my weekend, which should give you a little insight as to why I need a little pampering…

Okay, we’ll start on Thursday.  I had a manufacturer rep from Chicago riding with me all morning.  I was able to ditch him around 11:30.  I had lunch by myself on the patio of a mexican restaurant (which was fabulous).  After that I walked over to my laser appointment.  I’m getting the hair lasered off my legs.  Now, I’m a huge fan of laser and have had plenty of experience with it, but this was a nightmare.  We decided that it would be best if we re-scheduled and I came back after I had the chance to apply a topical antisthetic and take a valium.  So, I’ll go for round two at 7:30 on Saturday morning (finger crossed).

I really don’t recall what I did on Thursday night, but on Friday morning I had my review at work.  On my way to the office I received an email from my boss with the subject line “March % to goal.”  I quickly opened it and saw that it was just to me and it only said 14%.  This was NOT good.  I went into the office and chatted with some of the ladies in the call center before we had a conference call with all of the outside reps in my region.  It was short and right after that, we started my review.

Will (my boss) said I was doing great and he was really impressed by my March numbers.  I was confused.  I said, “really?”

He said, “yeah, 114% to goal is awesome!”

He had made a typo in the email and left out a 1…

After that, everything went well.  I was out of there by 10:45 and headed to Las Colinas for lunch with Marilyn.  We were there for about an hour and a half.  It was great food and great company!  Once we finished, I sped back home to meet Kristen and her daughter Bella, who were coming in town early to help prep for the shower.  Bella is adorable and so well behaved.  Even though she was such an angel, having her around for 5 hours probably set me back at least a year as far as having kids are concerned.  I mean, those 5 hours exhausted me!!

My mom came over for a bit to say hi to Kristen and shortly after that (around 7PM) Bella went to bed.

Kristen and I got things set up and sat and talked on the patio until 9:45, when it was time to pick up Steph from the airport.  I went to get her and when we got back to the house at 11, Wade had woken up so we all sat on the patio for a bit.  I wasn’t feeling well, so I went to bed at 11:30.  I was out like a light. I woke up at 7:30 and Kristen was already up with Bella.  When I walked downstairs, the house looked great.  Steph had stayed up until 4AM decorating.  We took care of some last minute things in the morning and waited for the other two hostesses to arrive at 12:30.  They brought the food and once that was set up, we were ready to go.

Here are a few pictures of the set up…

The cupcakes were made and decorated by Kristen.
We set them up on the kitchen table.
I was in charge of the drinks.  We offered OJ, Kendall Jackson Merlot,
Kendall Jackson Chardonnay, Champagne (strait or for mimosas),
orange-infused tea, and cucumber infused water.  The drink station was in the kitchen.
We had chicken salad sandwiches on croissants, spinach quiche,
ham/bacon quiche, goat cheese, olives, hummus with crackers,
summer salad, shrimp cocktail, fruit tray with dip and
California Caprese (I made that).  We set all of that up in the dining room.

The shower was a blast.  Everything went so well.  It was a beautiful day so people got to enjoy the patio, as well.  Courtney’s mother told me the house looked like a picture in a magazine.  That was such a compliment.  

Once it was over, we all went into clean up mode.  We had dinner together at Fort Worth’s famous Joe T. Garcias so, we dominated the cleaning.  Steph’s mom and my mom met us at the house and we all headed to Ft Worth together for drinks and dinner with Courtney’s family. Everything was great, but I got a superbad headached and had to leave.  I drove everyone back to my house and while the girls packed up their things, I puked up dinner.  Lovely.  I went to bed right away and slept for 13 hours.  Somewhere in the middle of that, Wade came in at 3AM. He wasn’t feeling well either, but for different reasons.
I did a lot of school today, packed for my trip tomorrow and took a lot of naps.  Now, I’m off to bed to do a bit more studying before my marathon road trip.
%d bloggers like this: