Select Page

Welp, last night I made some kahlua.  Everything was going great.  I had a cherry pie in the over, I was heating up some fettuccine alfredo on a burner next to my two kahlua pots (I decided to do a double batch because it takes so long), the kitchen was clean and I was dominating.

I swear, I turned my head for one second and a kahlua pot boiled over.  There was a mixture of coffee grounds, water, sugar and chocolate all over my stove.  I picked up the pot and moved it over.  The house was already filling with smoke.  Just as I sat the first pot down, the other one boiled over.  The syrup mixture was baking on the burners and it was such a mess.  To be honest, I don’t think I’ve ever made a mess that big.

Wade was dying laughing because I always make fun of his kitchen massacres.  If you walk into the kitchen when he is browning meat, you might think you’ve entered a really gruesome crime scene.  There will be raw meat on the backsplash and all over the stove and counter.  I get so grossed out and yes, I’m probably a little melodramatic about it.  So, this was his chance to return the favor.

Syrup was dripping off of the stove top and counter and the dogs just stood underneath it licking it up.  They are both covered in dry sticky spots of my kahlua syrup.  It’s so disgusting.  I had to empty all of the drawers under the stove to clean them out.  All in all, it was a good 2 hour clean-up and one I will never forget!

On another note, I had a bit of a breakthrough yesterday.  For the past year, I really just haven’t been myself in regard to motivation and determination.  I never used to procrastinate, but I have found myself doing it more and more this year.  At first, it was like a challenge to try to put things off then, I got pretty good at it.  That feeling of “I might as well just get it done” disappeared completely and I officially became a procrastinator.  Well, I think I kicked that habit yesterday.

I was making a list of things for me to do tomorrow (today) and all of a sudden, I was like, “why put it off?”

I immediately went to the grocery store and to FedEx Office.  There was no reason to wait.  It felt really good…good enough for me to notice a change!

So, here we are at 8:23am and I’ve already done laundry, I’m half-way through two batches of Kahlua, I took the dogs around the block (4 times…the first time they’ve ever made it) and I’m just about to wrap up this blog.  I’ll be going to see Harry Potter by myself later this afternoon and I’m looking forward to it.  No plans for this evening, but we’ll see what happens.

I hope everyone has an awesome day!


%d bloggers like this: